IS COCONUT OIL A GOOD MOISTURIZER…??
Nourished and healthy moisturized skin is an important part of living!
Today, due to climate and environmental changes we experience many skin-related problems.
So, it becomes necessary for us to choose the right skincare products to keep skin healthy, nourished, and overall moisturized.
Moisturizing our skin everyday helps in eliminating adverse dryness or excessive oiliness, as it causes acne, pimples, and other skin-related problems.
Since there are so many products available in the market but it becomes so difficult to choose the right skincare product according to our skin type and tone.
Also, these chemical-based products have many side effects.
So people now are searching for a natural alternative.
There are so many natural moisturizers that not only make skin moisturized but also help in overall nourishment.
One such magical natural product is COCONUT OIL
Coconut oil has so many characteristics that make skin, hairs, nails, etc. nourished and healthy.
Most importantly it contains healthy vitamins and a liquid base that traps excess dryness and water from our skin epidermis making skin fully moisturized and smooth.
Hence, coconut oil is one of the most easily available and effective moisturizers.
Benefits of Coconut Oil as Moisturizer.
Coconut oil is a very old and traditional remedy to cure skin-related problems.
Coconut oil makes are skin hydrated, reduces redness and dryness, makes skin smooth and healthy, minimizes fine lines and wrinkles, and adds antioxidants to our skin.
Coconut oil when used as a moisturizer for skin, it helps in,
- Preventing excessive water loss from the skin.
- It also contains fatty acids that keep skin rejuvenated and provides nourishment to skin cells.
- Coconut oil also has anti-inflammatory properties that help in reducing skin inflammation and redness.
- Coconut oil helps in improving skin elasticity, also helps in reducing itchiness, blemishes, and other skin-related problems like dryness, dermatitis, xerosis, and eczema, etc.
How to use Coconut Oil on the skin?
Coconut oil can be directly applied to the face and skin as a moisturizer.
Follow these steps to apply it:-
Take an appropriate amount of pure Coconut oil.
You can add a few drops of castor oil or olive oil if it suits your face, this step is optional.
Now, add the Coconut oil( or the mixture created) in between your palms and rub it to make it slightly warm.
Now, gently massage in a circular motion on the face and other dry areas of the body, so that coconut oil can get easily absorbed by the skin.
Avoid the areas like eyes and other areas prone to acne.
How Make Coconut oil more effective?
Making your own nourishing DIY Coconut Oil Night Moisturizer for face
You will need just three basic easily available ingredients for this.
- 1 Cup coconut oil, solid
- ½ Tablespoon Vitamin E oil capsule.
- ¼ Taplesoon essential Tea Tree oil.
- Collect the given ingredients in appropriate proportion.
- Now, add coconut oil into a mixing bowl mix it until it gets light and fluffy, you can also blend it with the help of a hand whisker or electric mixer.
- Now, add the vitamin E oil capsule and essential tea tree oil to the fluffy coconut oil mix.
- Your night moisturizer is ready to use, gently apply all over the face and leave it overnight.
- You can store it in a container and use it many times.
Pro tip: If the coconut oil you have is in too solid form, you can soften it a little by just microwaving it for a few seconds. Also, if it’s in liquid form you can refrigerate it for a few minutes to make it soft and solid.
Coconut Oil and Shea Butter Moisturizer DIY for skin
Shea butter is considered the best moisturizer for skin, when mixed with coconut oil it acts magically on the skin.
You need the following ingredients for your Coconut oil and Shea Butter Moisturizer:-
- Take 2 tbsp of beeswax pellets in a bowl.
- Now, add ¼ tsp of pure coconut oil to it.
- Also, Add ¼ tsp of organic raw shea butter.
- Now, add 2 tsp of extra virgin oil (olive, almond, jojoba, etc).
- You can also add a few drops of essential rosemary essence ( this step is optional).
- Fill the saucepan half full with water and let it get to a boil, after one boil then reduce the heat to medium-low flame.
- Now, place a glass or a stainless steel bowl into the saucepan.
- Adjust it in such a way, that it prevents entering any steam into the lotion to be made.
- Now, add all the ingredients in a given proportion, except optional essential rosemary essay oil to the bowl.
- Allow to melt it and keep stirring it until it forms a uniform liquid base
- Now, add optional rosemary essence oil Add optional essential oil one drop.
- Gently, Pour hot liquid carefully into sterilized clean jars.
- Let the oil sit, and get set and cooled at room temperature.
- Also, you may need to stir it a few times to keep it creamy and smooth.
- Your homemade moisturizing lotion is now all ready, apply all over the body and massage it in a circular motion.
Pro tip: If you are adding any essential oil into it make sure to store lotion in a glass container as plastic can corrode and spoil the lotion ultimately.
Also, the best time to use this Coconut oil and Shea Butter Moisturizer is after a bath.
DIY Coconut Oil and Cocoa butter Face and Body Moisturizer
Just Like coconut oil, cocoa butter is rich in properties like cocoa butter contains many anti-inflammatory vitamins and other essential antioxidants. Cocoa butter has many superpowers. It can help in preventing stretch marks and fade scars, acne, dryness, dullness of skin, etc. Also, it helps in soothing and nourishing dry skin.
You need the following ingredients to make it:-
- Take ¼ cup of pure extra virgin coconut oil in a bowl.
- Now, add ¾ cup of cocoa butter into it.
- Also, Add 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil into the mixture.
- Now, add Essential oils to it. (rose, lavender, or eucalyptus), optional
- First, place all the ingredients into a small saucepan and just microwave it for a few seconds.
- Let, the cocoa butter and coconut oil get fully melted.
- Now, Pour the ingredients into a small bowl.
- Now, shake it vigorously for few times and let it cool and set.
- When the mixture comes to the room use it as a body and face moisturizer.
Pro tip: Whip your body butter for making it smooth and let the mixture set in the freezer for 30 minutes or in the refrigerator for an hour or two. Make sure it becomes set and firm but not so solid.
Excess usage of anything is bad!
So if used in the appropriate amount coconut oil is just magical for skin but if used too much it can cause excessive oiliness which can lead to pimples and acne.
As coconut oil contains a liquid oily base that gets settled on the skin preventing impurities to escape out making face and skin greasy and dirty sometimes. Avoid using coconut oil if you have sensitive skin.
Also as coconut oil contains fatty acids in excess amounts, one has to avoid using coconut oil on any skin area too much.
ALSO READ: COCONUT OIL FOR FEET!